Friday, January 2, 2015

Jourdan Dunn Shines Light on British Vogue: February 2015 Issue

Vogue! International, Iconic Editorial Brand, the  Fashion World's House of Cards. Unbelievable, that such a Legend in the Fashion realm  could allow it's UK brand to be left in the ages of antiquity. I am absolutely shocked, and disappointed that it's been 12 years since editors thought change was a relevant topic. I am so excited for Jourdan Dunn, however my deep lingering question is WHY  has it been 12 years?   The real answer looms in my head...could it be Vogue editors believed UK readers were predominantly White Supremacists and could not cope with a Black Woman on its cover? Are UK editors out of touch with inclusion? Did they recently do a study about how their readership demographic is changing? What sparked the bright idea to break the chain? The questions are never ending, they would hate me in an interview. On another note,  I have no doubt that Jourdan's Vogue Cover will be one of Vogue's best sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment