Thursday, October 24, 2013
WORLD MASTERCARD TORONTO FASHION WEEK: WHO CARES?
I want to know who cares about Toronto Fashion Week? This is a legitimate question. Who cares besides the participating designers, advertisers, promoters and staff partaking to execute this Canadian stage show. Canadian designers are having a difficult time competing with international house hold names like Tom Ford, who has an entire song dedicated to his shoe brand by the Magna Carta Holy Grail of hip hop. You are not cool right now if you are not rocking the hell out of Tom Ford's. If you live in a tunnel the track is by Jay Z and its called Tom Ford.
Can Canadian designers compete with brand heavy weights flying off Holt Renfrew shelves? The answer is no, because that requires serious $$$, which most of these local designers don't have. Can they create buzz that just may open doors to international designer status? Yes. How well do Canadian designers creatively market themselves? Who are you Canadian designers? Where is the HYPE? Where are the interviews with designers on The Marilyn Dennis Show, Cityline, The Social? I recommend more Star power, to do what Beyonce just did with Amsterdam's Zoe Karssen's Creme de la Creme sweater, on a larger scale what Michelle Obama did for Jason Wu, and lastly what Kate Middleton did for Canadian designer Tara Jarmon. In all honesty I would care more if I knew which A-lister's were attending Toronto Fashion week. I believe Ciroc is a sponsor of the show...Where is Mr. Sean John in the Flesh? Honestly!!Ohh and where is DRAKE Canadian home grown talent? Did he even get an invite?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment